The MMIA provides a variety of risk management and training programs for its members. Listed below are some of the training offered by members of the MMIA staff:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Contracts 101
- Diversity, Discrimination & Harassment Awareness
- Defensive Driving
- Developing a Safety Program
- Fundamentals of Management (commonly referred to as Supervising 101)
- Roles & Responsibilities for Elected Officials
- Safety & Best Practices for Workers’ Comp
- Principles of Liability
- Winter Safety
- Violence in the Workplace
In addition to training, MMIA staff members are available to offer consultation to members on issues that may affect a municipality. As the legal climate in Montana continues to change, staff members routinely work with other public entity pools and organizations, looking for ways to bring new and useful services to the MMIA membership.
If you have any questions or recommendations concerning training that you would like to see the MMIA provide please let us know.